A Brief Prelude on Dark Web
Hello guys, it’s been a while, I’m back with one of my tech blogs. Today we are going to see some intriguing facts, bizarre revelations regarding the “Dark Web”.
What is the Dark Web?
Let’s go with our conventional process, Definition and breaking down to grains.
Definition from Wikipedia:
The dark web is the World Wide Web content that exists on darknets: overlay networks that use the Internet but require specific software, configurations, or authorization to access. Through the dark web, private computer networks can communicate and conduct business anonymously without divulging identifying information, such as a user’s location. The dark web forms a small part of the Deep Web, the part of the Web not indexed by web search engines, although sometimes the term deep web is mistakenly used to refer specifically to the dark web.
Now breaking down into grains the Dark Web is a place or collection of sites present on the Internet that has special domain names and a bit hard to access. Many illegal activities/ transactions can be done through the Dark Web. People who perform these mask them off with many highly stacked encrypted layers of security. Such that their identity isn’t revealed. Dark Web is a part of the Deep Web. We will discuss elaborately deep web in later on blogs. Now speaking briefly, the deep web is a part of the internet that is normally not shown by the search engine. The sites that we generally see in our search engine when entered a query is called Surface Web.
How to access Dark Web?
We need a safe web browser in the first place to access Dark Web. And to conceal our Identity a VPN service. It is better to use a paid one than a free service. We can’t be too careful about these! Regarding the web browser preponderance of Dark Web users uses “TOR BROWSER”.
Let’s see how Tor Browser Works, It is the main web browser portal to surface on the hidden web. It encrypts all the browsing users data and uses free Servers. It is impossible to trace the user. Tor Browser has no search engine so it uses BBS(Bulletin Board System). These sites are not exposed to normal users. These sites don’t follow any sorts of rules or policies. So having no programming knowledge and pretty advanced skills in networking, proxy etc it is so challenging to visit these sites. And somehow you visit these there are higher perils of spamming, scamming or stealing of data might befall.
Caution: Please don’t try anything without basic knowledge. Because the smallest mistakes of ours can bring us severe predicaments.
Some important tips to remember while using TOR:
- Tor is known for providing online anonymity, so it can be effective for sharing sensitive information with family or reporting corruption or abuse.
- Keep Tor and Tor applications updated. Make sure your device’s operating system is also up to date.
- Don’t use your regular email on websites when using Tor. While Tor is designed with anonymity in mind, providing your regular email address could expose your identity.
- And do not use the Tor website in full-screen mode. hackers can collect your information through your screen resolution and then they obviously get your sensible info.
- Do not use HTTP websites
- It is better not to use Windows or MAC
- Update your system on a regular basis.
- Don’t use P2P, Tor Browser Bundle and Google.
Who are on the Dark Web?
Generally, six categories are actively present in Dark Web,
- Black Market (Includes Illegal content too)
- Botnets and Ransomware
Dark Websites look pretty much like any other site, but there are important differences. One is the naming structure. Instead of ending in .com or .co, dark web sites end in .onion. That’s “a special-use top-level domain suffix designating an anonymous hidden service reachable via the Tor network”.
Some of the majorly used Onion sites:
- Wasabi Wallet
- The CIA
- Key Base
How to access onion sites:
We can access these sites via Hidden Wiki. The main page of Hidden Wiki serves as a directory of links to other .onion sites. Hidden Wiki can be accessed from the Tor Browser. This isn’t illegal in many countries. But doing illegal work on Hidden Wiki is illegal.
- You can buy credit card numbers, all manner of drugs, guns, counterfeit money, stolen subscription credentials, hacked Netflix accounts and software that helps you break into other people’s computers.
- You can hire hackers to attack computers for you. You can buy usernames and passwords.
- 32 bits is enough for a hacker to identify you.
- More than 2 million active users connect to the Dark Web through the TOR browser every day.
- There will be a market for anything you can think of.
- The Deep Web is said to be 500X the size of the surface Web.
Check out these youtube videos I’ve found for you:
- Super Easy Way To Access the Dark Web (How To):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5W-tIIK8Ts
- How to Access Dark Web Step By Step: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ3nYo-YAsE
Use the dark web at your own risk.
Discussing the dark web is like counting the stars in the sky and grains of sand on earth. So I'm winding up here with these facts and information. Thank you.